!Prepare yourself for the Introweek 2020!
As you probably already know, Introweek has quite a flexible schedule full of fun and education to suit all of you, and the tickets to events are available for purchase through my.ebs.ee.
However, there are a few important details to keep in mind regarding the whole week…
…So, let us guide you through the most important things regarding the programme!
- Some of the events are mandatory! These will be held during the first part of the week – opening ceremony, information sessions + campus tours, study sessions.
- Even the mandatory events are fun! 😉
- Few of the events are meant for only incoming Erasmus+ or international students.
- You need to register to all of the events that are optional but you want to take part of – even the ones that are free of charge!
- At most of the events the places are limited – be fast to register.
- FURTHER INFORMATION, THE LOCATIONS AND STARTING TIMES FOR THE EVENTS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBPAGE SEPARATELY, UNDER EVENT INFO.
The general layout of the Introweek:
MONDAY – 24.08
In our Tallinn campus:
- Welcome to Estonia! – A mandatory Information session for all the international students (Finnish students, Non-EU+EU degree students, Erasmus+ students) will be held.
- For all of the international students, the day continues with a nice trip which is a great opportunity to start exploring your new home-country.
- All the Estonian students need to come to EBS on Monday to get their wristband for the whole week. Info desk is open from 9.00 a.m. until 7.00 p.m.
In our Helsinki campus:
- Welcoming event to all Helsinki students.
TUESDAY – 25.08
- Opening ceremony for all of our new students. All of the students are expected to be present.
- After the ceremony, there is a mandatory information session and a campus tour awaiting for you all, where you’ll receive the most important information about your studies at EBS.
- If you are not an Erasmus student – your day will continue with a mandatory Study Session on the topic of “Leaders’ Professional Identity” to give you a lead start before starting your studies.
- If you are an Erasmus student – we have a special trip to an open-air museum including a tour and a picnic planned out for you. (Tickets and further information about the trip – my.ebs.ee.)
WEDNESDAY – 26.08
- Wednesday starts out early in the morning to continue the programme with the Second mandatory Study Session on the topic of “Leaders’ Professional Identity”.
[THIS WILL CONCLUDE ALL OF THE MANDATORY EVENTS – LET THE FUN AND GAMES BEGIN!]
- However, if you are an Erasmus student – you will have the chance to take part in our Tallinn Old Town tour which will have a chance to find out the stories behind its historic buildings and get a good view to the city you just moved in. (Tickets and further info available – my.ebs.ee.)
- In the evening, after both of the previous events, there will be an awesome boat party for everyone who wants to have a great night – however, the places are limited so if you want to participate in an unique party, make sure to register to the event as soon as you can!
- Parallel to the boat party, there will be an Evening programme “Viroke” with HEBSry held specially for the Helsinki students.
THURSDAY – 27.08
[MAKE SURE TO PICK OUT THE MOST INTERESTING EVENTS FOR YOU AND CHECK THE TIME FROM THE EVENT INFO PAGES, SINCE SOME OF THE MIDDAY EVENTS WILL BE HELD PARALLEL TO EACH OTHER]
- Morning yoga – A refreshing start of the day meant for our early birds. Grab your new friends and come twist your tiredness away with the help of our yoga instructor.
- Afternoon painting and wine – Release your inner artist with the help of instructors and a few glasses of wine.
- Introweek Olympics – A free event to all of our new active EBSters and HEBSters. Get to know our Tallinn campus better by participating in our fun and a bit sporty activities and games.
- UNKNOWN Mindset Game – Come and participate in a mind developing and fun game! A great opportunity to change the way you think, analyse situations, become more empathetic and more likely to succeed in business and in life. The game is held in teams, so invite your new friends and put your minds to the test!
- Lounge Quiz – The name says it all.. Come and test your knowledge and skills about EBS, business and more against your new fellow EBSters and HEBSters! The event is free of charge, and to top it all off, there is also a special deal for the drinks!
- Estonian Craft Beer tasting – See how the craft beer goes into the bottle. A guided tour through a brewery and an opportunity to taste different Estonian beers.
[FROM THIS POINT ON EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE, SINCE THERE IS NO PARALLEL EVENTS]
- Puppy vow – Give your vows and become a real EBSter/HEBSter!
- Pub Crawl – Have a couple (or more) drinks, discover the bars of Tallinn, compete against your fellow EBSters/HEBSters and win a prize! But most of all – have lots of fun with your new friends!
- Award ceremony and afterchill – Let’s enjoy some time all together and give out prizes for the best Pub Crawlers!
- Night Club – Pub Crawl afterparty at a nightclub and a night full of dancing is waiting for you!
FRIDAY – 28.08
- A free morning for you to sleep off from last night’s party!
- EBStival – In the evening, we welcome all of the EBS students, alumni, staff and friends in our backyard where we will have a grand summer finale event Ebstival, FOR FREE. There will be food, drinks, entertainment, good live music and more… So, come join us, and let’s have fun at the EBS backyard festival!